This past Sunday, Anna & Kyle celebrated their first year of marriage. Congratulations!! We are so excited for them and honored that we were able to document their journey into marriage. In honor of this milestone, we asked Anna to answer some questions in regards to us and marriage. Here’s what she had to say:
1. What was it about Mike & Ann that had you choose them to document your wedding? Their pictures are so much more than a posed couple with a pretty background. Their pictures capture the emotions of the moment and tell a story of the day. When we first met with Mike and Ann and I got teary eyed looking at the album of a couple who I didn’t even know, I knew we had to have them. Mike and Ann actually took the time to get to know who we were both individually and as a couple. They cared about our interests and were eager to learn more about our story. By taking the time to become our friends, instead of just our photographers, we became more comfortable with them and were able to open up more around them which allowed them to capture our personalities in their pictures.We never felt as if we were being posed to get a great shot. We could have fun with each other and take in all the excitement of becoming husband and wife while they captured the moment perfectly!
2. How would you describe your Getting-to-know-you session? What was unique about this experience? Our getting to know you session was more like a double date. We ate, drank, laughed, and got to know each other while they snuck in some awesome shots! It took a few minutes just getting used to the camera being there, but after a while it was more like we were all there to hang out and have fun instead of for a photo shoot. Kyle and I are both laid back and just enjoying laughing and having a good time with each other and our pictures from our getting to know you session show that.
3. How did working with Mike and Ann increase your enjoyment and that of your VIPs on your wedding day? What was it like to have Mike there all day? We never had to worry about whether or not mike was going to get the shots we wanted or miss something important. We could fully enjoy the day knowing that everyone and everything special about that day would be documented. He knew our family and closest friends by name, and made sure they were where they needed to be when they needed to be. There wasn’t one thing about our wedding day that we could say “I wish we would have had pictures of that”. He got it all and so much more! The pictures from our wedding day captured the love and excitement that was felt by everyone. The day was filled with so many emotions that we will forever remember and can relive through our pictures. I was overwhelmed with excitement as we said “I do” and I became a wife. We have never been happier than we were on the day of our wedding as we celebrated the first day of the rest of our life together with our family and friends.
4. Do you have any wedding planning advice? It is easy to get caught up in the stressfulness of planning a wedding and forget to enjoy that exciting time in your life. Remember to take time to enjoy each other. You’re not just planning a wedding, your planning and preparing for the rest of your lives together.
5. Do you feel Mike & Ann helped along the way? If so, in what way? Mike and Ann helped us remember to focus on the reason we were getting married. It wasn’t about picking hydrangeas vs roses or deciding how many tiers to have on the cake, but about building a foundation for which our marriage would be built around. They reminded us that it was our day, the day we would remember forever, the day we would become husband and wife. Don’t stress out so much about the little details. Eventually everything falls into place. And if it doesn’t work out exactly how you wanted it to, more than likely no one else will notice!
6. What was your favorite part of your engagement? Saying the word Fiancé! Being surrounded by friends and family who are just as excited for you as you are for yourself. Planning for the day that we would remember forever and just enjoying being with each other.
7. Was your first year of marriage what you expected? I think it’s hard for anyone to know what their first year of marriage will really be like. You are learning to make decisions as a team and establishing the foundation for which the rest of your marriage will be based around. There are ups and there are downs but you learn what works for you as a couple. We have been through a lot together but it has been amazing year. I thank heaven for my husband every day and am truly blessed to have him. We are looking forward to seeing what the years to come have in store for us!
8. Do you have any first-year marriage advice or anything you’d like to share? Be spontaneous! Pick up and go when you can. Do little things just to show that you care. Make memories, just the two of you, that you will be able to tell your kids about some day. Compromise, communicate with each other ALWAYS, let go of things that don’t really matter, and just have fun with each other!
9. Describe how you feel about our Storybook album. What does it mean to you? How does your album compare to your disc of images? As we flip through the pages in our album, we are reminded of all the emotions that surrounded our wedding day and the love we felt from our family and friends as they helped us celebrate. It’s nice to have the disc of images for displaying pictures around the house, but the pictures are arranged perfectly in our album to illustrates the story of our special day.
Take a look at Anna & Kyle’s actual 12×12 linen-covered, photographic, heirloom album. They chose a blue cover to coordinate with the colors of their wedding day and their decor. These albums are designed to last a lifetime and be handed down from generation to generation. It will always contain the story they started and the legacy they will leave behind. Make sure to view the full design below these images.
Enjoy their full album design here.